The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world, with a huge demand for innovative products and services. Among other startup ecosystems in the region, Jordan is an attractive springboard to the MENA region.
The small but dynamic country is strategically located in MENA. Being one of the most globalised countries in the region it provides direct access to a large Arab speaking consumer market of about 450 million people. Jordan’s security and political stability provides a favourable environment for business operations. It also has a competitive talent pool and a willing government partner that has implemented supportive investment policies to enable business growth in the region and beyond.
These factors have made Jordan a rising star in the Middle East’s startup scene. Around 27 percent of all tech entrepreneurs in the MENA region are Jordanian, despite the country accounting for about 3 percent of the region’s population. It has produced leading tech startups, such as ArabiaWeather, Maktoob, Souq and Tamatem.
If you are looking to expand your business to MENA through Jordan, join the ACE Market Access Programme from 11 - 15 September 2023.
Supported by the Embassy of Jordan in Singapore and BIGO Technology, you will learn about the opportunities and challenges of the Jordan startup ecosystem, connect with potential customers and partners, and get the guidance and resources you need to succeed in the region.
Day 1, 11 September 2023
- Flight to Amman, Jordan
- Networking lunch
- Company visit to BIGO
- Orientation around Amman
Day 2, 12 September 2023
- Visit to Innovative Startups and SMEs Fund (ISSF)
- Visit to the Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship
- Visit to the Ministry of Investment
Day 3, 13 September 2023
- Visit to accelerators and incubators based in King Hussein Business Park
- Networking with Jordan startups and ecosystem players
Day 4, 14 September 2023
- Visit to the Information and Communications Technology Association of Jordan (int@j) to meet key industry
- Visit JOPACC and Fintech Accelerator
- Visit to a leading Sustainability Association
Day 5, 15 September 2023
- Trip closing at BIGO to introduce their post-programme support for startups interested to land in Jordan.
- Cultural immersion in Amman.
- Flight back to Singapore.
Understand Jordan policies and incentives by local government agencies and associations
Networking with Jordan startup community
Sharing sessions by local and foreign companies in Jordan
Complimentary post-programme support by BIGO
Up to 6 months co-working space and facilities, business matching, networking opportunities, and assistance in employment permits and establishing a local presence in Jordan.
Common fee: S$3120
Final fee after government funding:
- ACEsg Member: S$1500/ participant
- Non-ACEsg Member: S$1900 / participant
If you would like to qualify for member rate, please sign up here.
The programme fee includes: Company visits, Scheduled meals, and Ground transport between visits.
The programme fee excludes: Accommodation, Air travel, Travel Insurance, and Personal expenditure.
Please email Alan Yuen at firstname.lastname@example.org.